Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reflections on Poland


Last Monday night I flew from Zurich to Warsaw (under 2 hr flight). I got to the hotel at about 10:30pm exhausted but luckily with a beer waiting from my German coworker. Love that guy! We were up at 5 and on a train at 6am to Krakow which is supposed to be one of Europe's prettiest towns. We were pretty busy at school visits and info meetings but got a little time to look around. Pretty. Kind of like Munich if you've been there. OK, here's the deal with Poland. The food is good. Krakow was nice. Can't say I'll go back on vacation time. But my favorite part was taking the train and eating in the dining car. Seriously, it's like living in an old Hollywood glamour movie from 1950 where the handsome man and elegant woman fall in love in the dining car. Here is Kay (right, my German fellow beer-lover) and Basia (our Polish sales person) at our table. And - get this - the food is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment