Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time on a plane

One of the questions I get asked most is - how can you stand to do so much flying? Truth is I probably am on a long haul (6+ hrs) flight every 3-4 weeks minimum. Best stretch so far this year: fly from Boston to Zurich on a Monday (8 hrs), Friday Zurich to Buenos Aires (13 hours), Wednesday Buenos Aires to Santiago (ok, only 2), Monday Santiago to Zurich via Sao Paolo (roughly 2 and then 11 or so).

Yesterday I complained on FB because I was flying thru Heathrow with an hour and 45 min to connect which in almost any other airport is no problem. But not Heathrow. Sure enough, missed my connection, managed to get on standby for the last flight to Boston and made it. Thank god. But luggage did not share in my luck unfortunately. In the last 2 years or so I think my luggage has gone missing about 6 times. :(

But all in all I actually don't mind flying - I bring a book (now a Kindle), crotcheting (don't laugh), a few snacks, gossipy mags and look at it as a time to catch up on movies I haven't seen. Most long flights I'm in business also which is like being on vacation.

But the best part of flying is the fun stuff at the other end. A new destination, or peaceful Switzerland or best of all - family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment