Sunday, November 8, 2009

My place in Luzern















When I first moved to Luzern I lived in a fab 2 story apartment built when Henry VIII was king of England. After buying the Melrose house I clearly needed to go a bit cheaper so moved into a "1.5 room" (studio with kitchen) in the Old Town of Luzern. Here's the thing - I like it better
than the pricey place. I think I've sprinkled in photos here and there but I haven't done a blog on this place itself and it deserves one.

















Everyone says the best part of the place is the amazing roofdeck and it's true. Not only is the deck huge and perfect for parties but the views are truly breathtaking. The shot at the beginning of the blog is one example of the view facing Mt. Pilatus. Turn 180 degrees and you're staring at the old medieval defense wall and towers and the sunsets here are spectacular. You should recognize the photo introducing my blog as my favorite all time photo of Luzern and it was taken from the deck of course.










Here is the inside - it's mostly one big greatroom on the top floor of the building. Tons of light comes in these huge windows


This is my fireplace and one of my favorite elements of the place. Almost makes you long for winter.










So, what's the downside you ask? Well, let's just say that some young couple in `76 must have been quite happy in this kitchen.






Bunker kitchen notwithstanding it's a cozy little nest for my weeks in Luzern.

No comments:

Post a Comment