Saturday, November 7, 2009

Piemonte Italy



There are many well-known areas of Italy - Rome, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Venice, Sicily, etc. Piemonte is not a place I'd heard much about. But when my friend Jess and her hubby Chris invited me to tag along to visit the Piemonte area during truffle season, I was more than game.





We rented a little car and 4 hours later - voila! We were in the Piemonte area. Southwest of Milan and near Torino (otherwise known as Turin of shroud fame), this area is well known for its red wines (barbaresco, dolcetto, etc.) and it's rare white truffles.





I'm sure it's famous for its beautiful views too but it was sadly very foggy the whole weekend. But it's still a beautiful area.




But the best part was the food. Ah, the food. These little pillows of heaven are called ravioli plin. On the left we have some plin stuffed with cheese and rosemary just in butter - heaven! One the right is a version with fontina cheese and black truffles. I ate these things 1-2 times per day.
















And then I just took some fun photos

No comments:

Post a Comment