Sunday, December 13, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland - Luzern











This morning when I woke up it was snowing. Now, snow in Luzern is not like snow in Boston. I don't own a shovel. I don't have snow boots. Contrary to popular belief, a Swiss town in winter is not nearly as cold as Boston. We don't have a "wind chill factor" and I've never seen more than about 2.5 inches of snow standing on the ground. It never even gets cold enough for it to get icy on our wet streets.


So, given that there was a little dusting of snow on the town I decided to go out for a walk with my camera to give you a glimpse into my pretty town in winter.



















Literally chestnuts are roasting on an open fire all over the town.  The building above is one giant advent calendar and all the bridges are strewn with garland.























No comments:

Post a Comment