Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trip home to Boston in February


It's becoming a running joke - every time I come to Boston we get slammed with snow.  This time was not as bad as some others but one storm in particular was impressive.  It was wet, sticky snow and clung to every branch, power cord and rooftop.  We woke up in the morning to an absolutely gorgeous site.



You would think between shoveling and stalking my nephews I wouldn't have much time to spare but fear not!  I snuck in a few fun things for the house.  The kitchen floor is getting refinished (it's a maple floor that has lost its shine) and I made an awesome purchase after a year of consideration - a new bed!


Now, this is not my house, it's the Jordan's showroom.  I have been looking at upholstered beds for some time.  Many are too froo froo, too girly or they look like they'll get damaged or stained easily.  My mom and I swung by Jordans for some jellybeans and just a look around and lo and behold, here it was - my dream bed.  It's nice and tailored with a tough fabric and the nailheads are to die for!



Should be arriving in April.  I'll be re-doing the paint job in the room and have some new window treatments on order.  Next reveal - end of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment