Friday, May 15, 2009

Wish list for the Melrose house

Since I was in Boston last, chair rail has been added to the dining room, and the DR is re-painted including the new crown molding and chair rail. I chose a dark color for the top (called Texas Leather - kind of a gray-ish brown) and chair rail and down is white. Pictures will come when I get there to see it in person. With all the white molding I think it's going to look really striking with the dark color. Sooooo of course I need a few new goodies.




I'm coveting this mirror and starting to like the idea of a little sparkle in the room to go with the chandelier. I think I'm going to order this guy - love it!







I also ordered two little tables from Target and am not sure if I will use them in the dining room or living room.




The living room also got beautiful crown molding in crisp white. I don't know where I'm getting this new need for sparkly stuff in my house. But I think it gives a needed kick to my very tailored style. I'll post photos when everything gets in place and show all the new colors and molding.



The only lighting in the dining room so far has been from the chandelier which needs to change. I ordered two of these lamps from ebay:



When I bought the house I bought an old bureau from the former owner and with the mirror removed it is functioning as a buffet. I am thinking of painting it white or a robin's egg blue (!) but I need to check out the room with the new color first. Can't wait! Anyway, these lamps will go on the buffet to give some extra lighting.




I am also dying for this little table but I think I need to save my pennies - and it's way out of my normal safe style:


I can hear my sister Alanna now "Are you kidding me?!?" No, not kidding. I love it. There's even a little shine on the edge which is going with my new "hints of glitter" plan.





Can't wait to see if it will all come together. Off to order my new mirror!



No comments:

Post a Comment